Online Class with Equip-Timothy Partnership
July 22 – November 8, 2019
At the end of this unit students should be able to:
- Describe the historical, socio-cultural, religious and political setting of first-century Palestine as the context of Jesus’ life and ministry.
- Identify both the distinctive features of the four gospels and also the interrelationships between them.
- Sketch the identity and life of Jesus, with an emphasis on his designations and titles, as well as the passion and resurrection narratives.
- Outline the message and ministry of Jesus as found in his emphasis on the Kingdom of God, use of parables, ethical teaching and miracles.
- Make comments on the significance of Jesus and the Gospels for contemporary life and ministry.
Jesus’ life and ministry, with special reference to the following:
(a) Context and setting: The historical, socio-cultural, religious and political setting of first century Palestine
(b) One Gospel and four Gospels:
- A detailed study of one or more gospels
- Distinctive features of the Gospels
- The interrelationship of the Gospels
(c) The identity and life of Jesus:
- The designations and titles of Jesus
- The passion and resurrection narratives
(d) The message and ministry of Jesus:
- The Kingdom of God in the proclamation of Jesus
- The significance and interpretation of the parables
- The ethics of Jesus, including the Sermon on the Mount
- The miracles of Jesus and their significance
(e) Reflection (through a-d) on the significance of Jesus Christ for contemporary life and ministry
Note: This course is for Diploma/Degree students only. Please note that you are NOT eligible to take any of these courses without submitting the Diploma/Degree application to us. Kindly make an enquiry before you register any courses.